Thursday, December 11, 2008

I want a new house!!!

Today when I was picking Shaye up from school, one of her classmate's Grandmother called the school and asked me if I could bring her grandson home. I just adore this woman and she only lives about a mile from the school, so I gladly took him home. When I pulled into their drive I was just blown away by their property! She said it's one and a half acres, completely fenced with a cute little white security fence all the way around the property. They have a pot belly pig (that was SO cool!) and 3 dogs and next week they are getting two miniature donkeys and 2 alpacas! HOW FREAKIN' COOL!!! I grew up in a house with about the same acreage and about 10 acres of forest behind me and it was so awesome! When I was in elementary school, the house across from us was a farm with about 25 acres of corn fields. Oh man...those are some of the best memories I have as a kid. That is the kind of house I want my kids to have - now while they are little and can enjoy tree swings and rock piles and dirt and jumping in raked leaves and explore little critters.

:::sigh:::

She invited us to stay and let the kids play and when we left Shaye threw a major tantrum like I have never seen before. It just makes me realize what they are missing out on by living on .19 of an acre in a housing development.

:(

No comments: