Friday, March 13, 2009

Neurosis vs. Virus

Ok, so my neurosis with school "shopping" began years ago, but we got our first letter in the mail from our school district saying that Shaye is #9 on the waiting list for an alternative school that we enrolled her in as back up. It's not the Montessori school we want her to go to, so I'm not stressing. In fact, I'm a little relieved she didn't get picked (random lottery) because this school really is an awesome school and if it were not for Montessori, this would be the school I would want her to go to. It's an Open school and I was really, really impressed. Being #9 on the list is actually not bad and I would expect by the end of summer to be getting a call saying she can actually start kindergarten there. This school is a highly sought after school, so it really gives me hope that she WILL (fingers crossed!) get in on the random lottery Montessori school (please Universe if you hear me!!!!) Of course our solid back up plan is to just keep her in private Montessori for her K year. We're getting close to finding something out. These next few months of spring/summer are horribly suspenseful ones.

In other news, how can a virus stay in your body for two months??? I have been sick since about mid-January. It's probably the worst cold I have ever had in my life. No fever or chills or flu-like symptoms, it's just a really BAD cold. It started with horrible, and I mean excruciating - almost migraine like - headaches. I think I had a sinus infection, but before I could see a doc it cleared up. Now it has moved into my chest and the coughing spasms have returned. The other day I coughed violently for an hour straight. I was about to call Caro and tell her that I was dropping the girls off with her mom and going to the ER. It was that bad. I guzzled a ton of Delsym (I know, SO BAD!) and took some Mucinex (sp?) and was a bit better. I have to say this Mucinex stuff is the BOMG DIGGITY!!! If you have a really dry hacking cough, take one of the extra strength tablets and you will be good as new.

Happy weekend!

No comments: